Monday, December 26, 2016

Maggie: A Girl of the Streets

After having admit Stephen cranes, Maggie: A girlfriend of the Streets, a couple of things tote up to my mind. While evinceing this sassy I needed to get to see the madness that was presented as a form of cheer from a refs perspective. I as well wanted to give attendance to the romantic expectation of the characters, much specifically to Maggie and Pete. Lastly for the finding of this paper I want to briefly provide my thoughts on the legend as a whole. \nBeginning with the idea of violence being presented as a form of sport, I entangle that this notion was presented passim the accurate story. From the opening of the story we read of the first violent chance that Jimmy and the rivalry unripe ones wear. This is scantily the beginning of the numerous amounts of altercations that would imply place. For me it appeared that the violence throughout this novel was uncontrollably embedded into the characters nonchalant lives. Almost as for them to have disputes wit h one another whether it be a relative, a friend, or an enemy was as native as it is for me to get up in the morning and mop my teeth. From a readers stratum of view, or from my point of view the violent actions were sooner entertaining. It was almost as I was reading an action picture script packed full-of-the-moon of punches. But not totally does it provide entertainment for the reader and rather fitting for the coating and time period of this text. It acted as a form of entertainment for the tenants living in the comparable building as the Johnsons. Crane states, The loud tremendous imperious of the mother brought the denizens of the Rum pathway tenant to their doors (Crane 981). \nMoving outside from the violent aspects present throughout the story of Maggie. I would interchangeable to draw attention to the romantic aspects Crane has presented us with. Maggie, unsuspecting of her developed ragged debaucher comes into contact with Pete the sharp bartender. At first it appeared to me that their initial meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment