Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Critical Reflection Essay Essay

Upon reflective geographic expedition of my 16 week journey regarding the overall unfavour competent reflection of Nursing 5403 also referred to as Organizational possible action or disposition I, I find that I take for a more than sound and in depth theoretical understanding of fundamental lead and nursing administrative concepts and procedurees. This frame has increased my knowledge base in regards to organisational design, augmented my aw beness of health c ar administrative concepts, and strengthened my understanding of worry concepts and processes. This educational experience has revealed imperative and insightful examples and practices used to become a more efficient, effective and changeive leader. I relieve oneself-importance increased my usage of many of these concepts to reform my leadership skills and practice, to walk the walk, in my daily work /life regimen. I will examine, evaluate, and reflect on the bosom information covered in this eat by dividing th e methods of delivery into three briny presentation categories written, oral, and online.The written presentation format was used to deliver the five treatment climb on questions and leadership dick radical results. The discussion board allowed the opportunity to look counsel concepts and practices from various perspectives. The leadership instrument paper allowed in depth exploration of variety of traits, theories, and practices important to leaders. I bring some(prenominal) of these learning experiences very instructive and beneficial to my overall managerial acumen. Northhouse (2013), explained on the sixteen types and styles of leadership, which had a major repair on my overall viewpoints regarding humans and management in our administrative worlds today. I was able to identify and relate the diverse leadership styles and types in a positive mien and glean insightful understanding of contrary people and their leadership potential. The discussion board gave me free ra nge to strengthen my self-expressive abilities and act with my peers. The leadership instrument paper allowed for soul-searching with specific references to key leadership ideals and concepts. I feel both assignings gave me insight into my leadership strengths, weaknesses, foci, and desires which will in turn do me inbecoming a in(predicate) consistent leader.Oral presentations were used by both the students and the prof to t individually designate lessons. The dyad presentations were breeze throughd inside the professor assigned groups. The organizational culture assignment was individually completed by each student. Dr. Junious, our professor, presented multiple management and leadership topics during the 16-week timeframe of our hang work. The dyad group assignments allowed the students to work as a team, increase/ improve confabulation skills, and strengthen public speaking skills.The organizational culture assignment enriched my understanding of my incisions culture and fostered a vernal understanding and more tolerable word sense of the different personalities which shapes my department and company. The professor direct topics allowed me to glean original knowledge on trends in nursing leadership and introduced refreshing variables regarding emotional intelligence. One of the crucial components from our primary(prenominal) source, Roussell (2013) which I have used on a consistent basis are the power listing tools known as, AMPP, which stands for ask, mirror, paraphrase, and prime. logical usage of these tools has empowered my ability to conjure important information in a judicious manner, which has resulted in workflow rise and increased productivity in my current position.The online method was used to complete our online enfranchisement training for the Institute of Healthcare advance (IHI) leadership and quality courses. Both of these corroboration online courses were very informative and educational. I gained glorious training from these online courses. The information presented in this online self-study gave edifying examples, and reinforced positive and evidence establish methods of leadership and analytical procedures. My goal is to complete at least eight of the another(prenominal) courses listed on this website to strengthen my inner self to produce stronger leadership abilities and increase process awareness.Overall, the knowledge, skills, and experience gleaned from my enrollment and participation in this class has enhanced my understanding of organizational processes and essential, effective leadership traits. I unfeignedly enjoyed my time in this course, it was interesting and informative.The educational experience has stimulated and supported both professional and personal growth in my life. The traits and theoretical evidence based practices illustrated within our resources reinforced my thoughts that great leaders are formed and not born.ReferencesNorthhouse, P. G. (2013). Leadership Theory and Practice. Thousand Oaks Sage. Roussel, L. (2013). Management and Leadership for go down on Administrators. Burlington Jones & Bartlett Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment